skip to Main Content
social media tactics

6 Social Media Marketing Tactics for Your Business

social media tactics

Social media will only work for your business if you are actively involved and building relationships with your target audiences, whether it’s followers, customers, investors, suppliers, staff, brand advocates or any other stakeholder.
There are many tactics and strategies to implement and these include finding the best social media sites for your business and identifying how much time and money you need to put into it.
To help you get started, here are 6 social media marketing tactics to implement for your business:

1. Maintain consistent content

Posting regularly to your social media accounts is an effective way to increase followers and connections and to increase awareness for your business and brands. It also helps to increase your organic rankings and traffic to your website. The content you produce and publish should be of the highest quality and you should spend more time promoting it than actually write it. In fact, some social media experts advise that you should spend 20% of your time creating it, and the other 80% actively promoting it.

2. Get control over your strategy

Have a social media strategy that describes what your objectives are and what tactics you will implement to achieve them. Also, make changes to your strategy as you see fit and make sure that you are always on target to achieving your business mission, goals and objectives.

3. Give back your time

Take time to connect with your followers and connections on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and any other site you are on. So, follow back people who follow you and retweet interesting tweets from your connections and thank people who share your content. It goes a long way towards building a strong relationship with your connections and you will be closer to achieving your objectives.

4. Keep a flexible schedule

Be always ready to engage on social media and not just use automation software to do all the work for you. Find time to connect with others and create relationships outside of social media that will bring benefits to your business.

5. Time it right

Posting and tweeting of messages on social media should not happen haphazardly. You should post at times when your target audience is likely to see your messages and respond in the way you want them to. Also, you should consider different time zones and if you are in the UK for example and a large number of your audience is in the US, then there are some hours when your messages will be missed. With the data available in your analytics, you can see the best response and engagement times and then schedule your messages to go out at those times in the future.

6. Use analytics

This includes both third party analytics tools like Google Analytics and Klout and in-built social media analytics tools that are available in your account. Twitter is one of the leading social platforms at providing detailed analytics data that helps you to understand your visitor acquisition and engagement and this helps you to create realistic objectives that are achievable.

I'm a Certified Google Ads Expert and Marketing Author and in this blog I share my latest tips and secrets on how to promote your business successfully on the web and increase customer loyalty, retention and advocacy on Google Ads.

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Back To Top