skip to Main Content

How To Get More Twitter Followers Organically


Twitter can work wonders for your business and can help you to achieve your social media objectives and increase sales, leads or brand awareness. Growing your twitter followers organically is the only effective way to keep them and improve your performance.
So any non-organic methods like buying followers is a no-no and will ultimately lead to spam and the failure of your business on twitter
Here are 5 tips to grow your twitter followers organically

1. Reciprocate

Make it a habit to reciprocate any follows, mentions, retweets and tweets. This helps to build and foster relationships with followers and people you are following and ultimately achieve your marketing objectives. You can automate many of these processes and save yourself a lot of time by using tools like Hootsuite, Buffer, ManageFlitter and a host of others. Just remember to test them with their free trial offers and then choose one that works perfectly for you. I’ve found Hootsuite to be the best and it has an easy and good dashboard.

2. Spark a conversation

Reach out to your followers and engage with them regarding their needs and what your business can offer. The fact that they’ve followed shows that they have interest in what you have to say, so you should build on that relationship. Also, continue to reach out to non-followers and talk about their interests and yours.

3. Use hashtags

Put #hashtags to good use and follow and join in conversations that are important to your business and industry. This helps you to see what is trending and can help you formulate a twitter strategy for your business. Make sure you don’t stuff your tweets with hashtags because that tends to lead to confusion with your target market because your posts become difficult to read. Aim to have no more than 2 hashtags per tweet and remember you have a 140 character limit.

4. Remember the 80/20 rule

The 80/20 rule as it relates to social media states that you should spend 20% of your time creating your content and the other 80% promoting it. You should use all the tools available to you in Twitter to promote your content whether that’s tweeting it multiple times, promoting it in groups and using their paid click system.

5. Promote your twitter page

Use any many tools available to you to promote your twitter page including other social media pages, your website and paid advertising on twitter itself. This will help to increase engagement and lead to more followers for your business.

I'm a Certified Google Ads Expert and Marketing Author and in this blog I share my latest tips and secrets on how to promote your business successfully on the web and increase customer loyalty, retention and advocacy on Google Ads.

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Back To Top