Top 5 Social Media Marketing Objectives
Social media marketing objectives are important for your business for many reasons including:
• Guide your social media strategy to greater success
• A target that you want to achieve by a specific time
• Benchmark against competitors
• Meet the needs of customers, fans and followers effectively
• Gain greater insight from your social media campaigns
• Use money and resources on things that are most important to your business and its success on social media
With that, here are the top 5 social media marketing objectives to consider for your business:
1. Increase Engagement
Your engagement metrics are some of the most important metrics that help you to understand how effective your social media strategy is. With Twitter you get stats in analytics to see how many retweets, tweets and mentions you are getting for your brand and you can benchmark this against competitors and create objectives that state what you want to achieve.
2. Increase click through rates (CTR)
A good measure of how effective your social media posts and tweets are is with your click through rate (CTR). People who click through to your website to learn more about your products or services and business are usually interested in what you have to offer and you can measure this with analytics. So your social media marketing objectives should describe what CTR target you need and compare this with other competitors.
3. Increase followers and connections
An increase in followers on Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites is an objective that should be a major part of your social media strategy. The more followers you have the more credibility you have and the more reach for your business, which will lead to more sales or leads.
4. Boost engagement on your website
Your website visitors will share and like your blog posts, articles, whitepapers and any other content you produce that is engaging, creative and meets their needs. So you should make it easy for them to engage with your content and you can see how effective you are in analytics by setting up goal events for social media activity.
5. Increase frequency
With the help of tools like Hootsuite and Buffer you can increase the frequency of your posts on social media sites and save yourself a lot of time. This objective helps you to be more active on the sites that are important to your business and leads to an increase in followers, engagement and customer acquisition.
Whatever industry or sector in and however large or small your business is, you need social media marketing objectives to plan your strategy. There are many sites and resources available to help you achieve this and many of them are affordable too and some are free. To find out how I can help you create a social media strategy, contact me to discuss.
Latest posts by Mike (see all)
- 4 Misconceptions Your Boss Has About Google Ads Advertising - January 6, 2019
- What Is PPC Advertising? - December 23, 2018
- 12 Stats About Google Ads To Make You Look Smart Around The Water Cooler - November 4, 2018